Next Up!

After arriving home from our trip to Idaho I had to quickly get the car unpacked and get going on some laundry.  Tuesday I headed to work as usual and finished up with the cleaning the house and laundry and then I had to pack because on Wednesday, June 2nd I left for Park City for a Leadership Conference for work.  I love this conference.  It always motivates the management team of our district to try to be better at what we do so everyone else can in turn do better.  While at the conference I was rooming with Wendy Matheney who is the Case Manager of our Orem court location.  Wednesday night we headed to the outlet malls.  I tried on a couple dresses but didn't end up finding anything I really needed.  Notice I said 'needed'.  I am doing so much better in the wanting vs. needing department!  Thursday night we went to a local restaurant for dinner called Nacho Mamma's.  Some of us really enjoyed our food and some of us didn't.  I didn't think it was anything special but still fun to go out nonetheless!  Wendy and I headed up to Main Street and did some window shopping.  By the time we got there it was after 8:00 and most of the shops were closed.  I wish I could have looked at some of the art stores a little more closely.  I really would like to invest in some beautiful artwork some day!  The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store was still open so we stopped in and I bought some candy for the girls.  That was a funny experience.  I decided to buy them some rock candy sticks and when I told the guy at the counter I wanted 3 sticks he asked which flavor.  I told him it didn't matter and he almost had a nervous breakdown!  He honestly said, "I can't handle the pressure!"  He asked for how many kids and I said 3 so he decided that they all had to have the same or they would fight.  It was really funny to see how stressed he was over this.  Unfortunately, one of my co-workers, Lynnette, got some horrible news that her son had broken his leg.  Her husband was able to take care of everything except they were unable to find any crutches the right size.  I remembered that I had my crutches at home from when I broke my ankle when I was in 7th grade and told her she could use them.  So, Friday, June 4th we left Park City around 1:00 and drove home.  I dropped Lynnette off at her house and then she followed me to mine to get the crutches.  I immediately left to drive to Highland to buy a lawnmower from someone off KSL Classifieds.  My townhouse has a fairly decent sized back yard but not one that is too big for me to take care of so I decided to buy a push mower instead of a gas one.  I was able to test it out and decided to go ahead and buy it so I headed home and got to finally taking care of my yard because we would be eating outside for the Luncheon after Maegan's baptism the next day.  Well that's where I'll leave off for now!

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment