One of Those Weeks

This was one of "those" weeks.  The kind where being a mom seems like the most unappreciated, exhausting, why-did-I-ever-get-myself-into-this kind of weeks.  Maegan and Brooklen are just about to make me go insane.  The constant whining, fighting and talking back is so frustrating.  I even took a day off earlier this week so Maegan and I could spend a little time together.  Fast forward to tonight....more of the same.  I decided I was too tired to cook dinner so we went out.  Maegan has this thing that every place she go she suddenly needs to go to the bathroom.  She has been like this since she was a little kid.  It drives me crazy.  I knew she didn't really "need" to go.  You know, there was no potty dance going on if you know what I mean.  As soon as the words were out of her mouth Brooklen suddenly needed to go too.  This is also another trend, if Maegan says it, suddenly Brooklen needs to also.  Anyway, I was so frustrated with her already so I said, no, you can wait. So what does she do?  She peed her pants.  Yes, my almost 9 year old daughter peed her pants to prove to me that she really had to go potty.  I asked for our check and we left.  I was expecting a big, wet spot and what do you know....nothing, visible at least.  When I pointed this out to her she said, "well there wasn't that much."  Doesn't she realize that she just confirmed my point that she, in fact, didn't REALLY need to go?  Seriously, I just a post about pee and the most stubborn child ever.  Sometimes I seriously question the choices I've made in my life.  I certainly hope that someday us moms will have some amazing blessings come our way because right now I am just not feeling it.
Photobucket

4 comments

Kids are stubborn, mine are by far! I have those days too often! I pray for blessings. You're doing a great job being an awesome mommy Melissa !

February 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Oh I know! I think Maegan and Ali were cast in the same mold. Why do they torture us? Can't they see we're doing the best we know how? We were at a baby blessing today in Salt Lake- at Jon's sisters house...I was trying to clean up a mess of shredded coconut, and she was upset and wanted another bite of the cupcake that was covered in it. I had the plate in my hand and she stabs a fork into it, sending it to the floor with sticky coconut shavings everywhere! Before I could control myself- I smacked her- not hard, just to get her attention- and what does she do? Starts screaming and writhing in pain like I've just given her a concussion. I was mortified! I was mad that I'd smacked her in the first place, but I could NOT believe her reaction- and all of Jon's family was there, I'm sure thinking what a horrible mom I am! I don't know what to do with these girls! I'm glad I have her- just imagine how boring life would be without them... how wonderfully, amazingly and fullfillingly boring...

February 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM

LOL! We have the same problem! Be happy you have girls that you can go to the bathroom with them. Bransen 6 refuses to go into the girls room. Brevan has to go when ever any one says it. You sound like you need a night out with moms.....let's go!

February 7, 2011 at 6:24 PM

OH DEAR!! That is sooooooooo frustrating! Ele does the same thing every where we go. Phin is starting to potty train and I am just waiting for him to begin "needing" to use the bathroom every where too.
Life is a challenge sometimes. There are a lot of times that I am ready to throw it in and quit! It sucks! I am sorry you are having a tough time. I love you and am here for you if you need to scream or cry! You are an AMAZING woman and mother. You have been through HELL and you still have such a glowing amazing Spirit. Hold your head high and fight like a girl!
XOXO

February 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Post a Comment