Our Bad Week!!!

Wow! What a week we had. While we were up at the cabin one of my teeth started hurting. On Tuesday, I was taking some ibuprofen to keep the pain in check. Then, at about 3:45 p.m. I got a call from my babysitter that Brooklen was throwing up and Maegan said she had a headache and her stomach hurt too. So, I left work and headed home. When we got home Brooklen did throw up a few more times. So, Wednesday, even though the girls were supposed to go with Sean, I stayed home from work. Luckily Brooklen quickly got better and nobody else got sick. By this time my tooth was killing me so Friday I went to the dentist. I had a loose filling and my cavity around it was spreading. He was able to get it filled, thankfully with no root canal. Saturday was a nice crisp day and Jason came down to spend the day with us (for more details you'll have to check out the rest of my October post). Jordyn was jumping on the trampoline and I kept worrying about her asthma even though she really hasn't had any problems for a few years now. Well, Sunday at about 4:00 a.m. my fears came true and Jordyn started coughing. I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER but she finally fell back asleep and wasn't coughing as much. But, when we woke up for the day her cough was persistent enough that I decided we shouldn't go to church. We stayed home and rested all day. Well Brooklen has been quite the stinker lately and loves to hit when she is mad. She got mad at me for telling her no and hit me so hard in the eye I saw stars for a while and couldn't open it. So, she had to go to time-out for the first time of her life. She did not like it one little bit and kept getting up. I kept putting her back and she finally sat there for her time but kept crying and said she'd be nice. After she was finished I talked to her about not hitting and she told me she was sorry. A little while later the girls asked if they could color. I said sure. I was in my room when Brooklen walks in COVERED in marker. She had decided to use herself for a canvas instead of paper! I quickly gave her a bath but it didn't all come off.....the water was a pretty shade of purple though! Jordyn and Maegan decided to take a bath too. I let them take a bath about once a month in my tub and they dump in some bubble bath and turn on the jets to get some great bubbles. Maegan was reaching for something and didn't see my razor and sliced her thumb open and it was bleeding quite a bit. I was able to get that cleaned up and she said it was hurting so I gave her some Motrin. Later in the day we were watching a movie and Brooklen was playing with Maegan. Well, once again she was mad, so she head butted Maegan so hard that I heard it over the movie where I was sitting and Maegan was screaming/crying. So, I got that iced up and dealt with Brooklen again. Normally, at 8:00 we read books but after this day I was ready for them to go to sleep so I turned out the lights and headed to my room to read. Well, wouldn't you know, that Jordyn's cough was progressively getting worse and worse. So, at about 9:30 p.m. I decided I had better take her to the emergency room. After getting a hold of a friend, Heidi Brady, to come over and stay with Maegan and Brooklen we headed to the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital Jordyn's cough had subsided a little but after checking her out the did a treatment of Albuterol and Prelone her breathing was much improved and she was hardly coughing. At about 11:45 p.m. we were able to head home and get in bed. Thankfully, she slept through the night and wasn't coughing anymore. Let's hope we don't have another week like this again!!!!!!

4 comments

Ahhh!! I'm so sorry! Aren't you glad you have it all written down so one day you MIGHT be able to laugh about such a horrible week?!

October 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Yowser! What a crazy week. Hopefully things go better this week. They can only get better right?

October 28, 2008 at 10:28 PM

I absolutely understand what you're going through, it's like I'm living the same life up here- toothache (for 3 weeks now I've been on Lortab, cause my dentist is the only one in town who doesn't think I need a root canal...) Gage got bit by a mesquito and his face is swollen the size of Stay-Puff- and Ali is just her "pleasant" little self as always, PMSing and all...So, misery loves company! I just wish you were closer!

October 29, 2008 at 8:52 AM

WOW!! Melissa I don't know how you do it all alone! Your Amazing!

October 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Post a Comment