September, 2009

The month of September was pretty mellow except for a few things. On September 5, 2009 my cute cousin Hannah was married. She kept the ceremony really small so we didn't go to that but the girls and I went to the reception at her home that night. It was so much fun. She wanted it to be informal so there was no reception line. At first everyone ate the refreshments and mingled. After cutting the cake she had her first dance with her husband, Nick. It was so sweet because she was fighting back tears. After dancing with their mom and dad the DJ started playing some more upbeat music. My girls went crazy! It was so funny watching Jordyn trying to dance to hip-hop. She told me that she was going to party all night long! Coming from Jordyn that was quite hilarious. All three girls did end up sleeping over, however, so they could play with my cousin's daughter Carly Rae. On Friday, September 18th their elementary school, Hobblecreek Elementary, held their annual school carnival. They hold this carnival to raise money for the school instead of having the kids sell things. It is great. They have a lot of games and food and a bunch of blow up slides and some rides. Jordyn once again wanted to be with her friends and took off for a little bit and then would check in with me. It's so weird to know that she's getting to the age that she'd rather be with her friends instead of her family. On Tuesday, September 29th I was able to go on a field trip with Maegan to UVU's theater presentation of Charlotte's Web. I had one of those little moments where I was taken by surprise with Maegan. We were sitting together on the bus and it was so chaotic because the kids were so excited. She decided she wanted to play 20 questions and singing songs. Then she decided she wanted to sing I am a Child of God so we sang it together. Sometimes I worry about Maegan and how she will accept the gospel in her life but maybe I don't need to since she wasn't embarrassed to sing in front of her peers. Well, when we walked into the theater I was quite surprised at how cool the stage was. They also had a live band dressed up like hillbillies on a broken down tractor so the music really set the mood. It's kind of hard to explain but they did a combination of puppets and acting. But they weren't really puppets in the way I thought they would be. They were more like marionettes made out of wood and paper mache. The actors would act and speak the part while moving the puppet so the animals looked realistic. The whole time I kept thinking how much I wish Jordyn could have been there. They have a few more productions set for the year so I might have to take the girls to some of them. After the play we sat in the grass and ate our lunches. It took a while to get the lunches distributed so we played some games like "Down By the Bank" and Duck Duck goose. Little kids giggling is such a fun sound! I must say that while this was really fun for me to be there but Maegan is CRAZY!!!!! This girl thinks it is the best thing in the world to tease boys and then get chased by them. But then, she complains that they're chasing her! No matter how many times I tell her to stop running and they'll stop chasing she doesn't see it that way. All I know is that I am in for an adventure over the next 10 years while she is in school! Along with the new school year comes activities. Jordyn and Maegan both wanted to do soccer but I missed the deadline so then we were on the hunt for other things. We settled on Maegan doing gymnastics and Jordyn joining a little theater group called Up With Kids. After Maegan's comment about joining the circus I decided I had better get her in some structured activity so she actually learns how to do her flips correctly. Jordyn on the other hand is constantly singing (and I mean that literally, she sings in the bathroom, in the car, in the car, in the car, at home...you get the idea.) She also shows me how she sounds just like the commercial, tv show etc. she just saw and re-enacts it for me. At this class they learn some basic acting and singing techniques and then they will be cast for a play called Wonderfully Wicked Wizard of Oz. Every kid gets a speaking part so I can't wait to see how it turns out. At the end of the month Sean's sister Keri put her house up for sale which Sean and his wife Ashley have been renting so Sean and I decided to do the big switch-a-roo of houses and I will be moving to a town house in SF. I already knew the areas I was interested in looking at and was able to find a cute townhouse in SF. I will be moving at the beginning of October so I'll write about it next month but I am SO EXCITED!!!!! I will finally be able to live again. I hope to buy a new/used car sometime next spring. Well, that's about it. Take care everyone!

um signature

4 comments

Wow...I am so excited for you! And I am SOOOOOO glad you have the internet again! Keep me posted on the move, so I know where you are when I come to visit! I think it's a great idea, first one to -10 pounds--- well, we'll figure it out, but I'm not a great competitor! I need all the help I can get though!

September 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Hurray for a good month! I'm excited for you to get in your own place! Upload pics when you move in!

September 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Yeah, you will be moving closer to us! We have totally slacked at Bunko. So glad to hear that you and the girls are keeping busy. Love reading what you are up to! So glad that you have the internet again~

October 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I didn't know you had a blog until you commented on mine! This is so fun and I will be happy to be able to keep up with what you are doing on here. Are you in your new place yet? If so, hope you are loving it!

October 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Post a Comment