August Report Card

Okay, so I am still new at this coupon shopping and I’m sure that eventually I will be even better at spotting deals. But I am excited with what I bought even though I’m still a novice. My goal was to only spend $50.00 per week on groceries. Keep in mind my parents gave me 100 lbs. of hamburger for Christmas last year and that is in my deep freezer. I also did make a couple stops at Ream’s to pick up some fresh veggies I did not have for the meal I was making. For the most part, I am trying to build up storage. I’m copying this report card idea from the girl that taught the class I went to. I always like going to her blog and seeing how she did for the month. Here goes:

I spent $199.65
I saved $469.42
Total savings were 70%
The average price per item is $1.31

Here is what I bought:
8 boxes Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
7 boxes Reese’s Puffs Cereal (My families favorite!)
8 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oat’s cereal
3 tubs Betty Crocker frosting
1 Betty Crocker cake mix
15 boxes Gushers/Fruit Roll-ups
4 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bar
2 boxes Lipton Rice boxes
3 Betty Crocker Warm Delights
5 tubs of Breyer’s ice cream (we love ice cream!)
1 jar Best Foods Mayonaise
1 jar Wishbone salad dressing
3 boxes Macaroni Grill pasta dinners
3 bags Chex mix (2 Turtle/1 Cheddar)
1 tub Country Crock buttery spread
4 cans Pringles
1 bottle Crisco Olive Oil
2 bags spinach
8 boxes Gogurts
6 boxes Pillsbury Toaster Streudels
6 bags totino’s pizza rolls
2 Twix candy bars
4 cans of Emarald Almonds
2 boxes Aunt Jemima pancake mix
1 bag Tyson frozen chicken
2 Degree deodorants 2 bottles All liquid laundry detergent
2 Dove deodorants
2 packages of 6 mega-roll Charmin toilet paper
1 Bounce dryer bar
6 boxes Puff’s tissues
1 bag Iams cat food
1 Colgate toothbrush
1 package 12 pack Cottonelle toilet paper
2 packages of 4 mega-roll Scott’s paper towels
1 box of quart sized ziploc bags

um signature

1 comments

How are you doing this? Considering my last paycheck was literally $1.96, it might be high time for me to learn how this works... email me soon.

September 11, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Post a Comment