Tragedy

As I mentioned in my previous post my girls were camping with my parents and I was going up on Friday after work. My grandpa (mom's dad), Wayne Madsen, was also going up on Friday. I don't know if I'll ever post everything that happened but on Saturday, July 10th, as we were headed home on 4 wheelers after a day of fishing my grandpa rolled his 4 wheeler and passed away a short time later. Watching my mom grieve for her father while we were waiting for rescue personnel to get to our location is one of the worst things I have witnessed in my life. It took hours to get everything taken care of and his body transported to the closest hospital which was in Gunnison. By the time we got home it was around midnight. Today I was at my grandmas house for about 10 hours with family as we are processing this loss and trying to plan his memorial service. Tomorrow will be filled with more planning while we wait for family members who live out of state to begin arriving. Not sure what else to write at this time. Just keep my family in your prayers and appreciate every moment you have with those you love.

3 comments

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you and your family are able to be comforted at this time.

July 12, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We will keep your family in our prayers! Let me know if I can help at all.

July 12, 2010 at 7:12 AM

aw Mel...so so sorry. Wish I could say something to make things better, but not even time makes it easier, no matter what people say. Please call me if you need to! I'd take the girls for you if I thought it would help--but you probably need them now. Love you tons- give the girls hugs for me too.

July 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Post a Comment