June

The rest of June wasn't too crazy.  After all the craziness of the previous couple of weeks I was glad to have a week off.

On June 17th I had Bunko at my friend Michelle Knudsen's house.  I won the door prize which was a $20.00 gift certificate to the University Mall.

Saturday June 19th was the first ever craft club.  I'm going to be shameless here and tell you that if you want to read about what the Craft Club is and why I started it you'll need to check out http://www.mapleandvine.blogspot.com/.  Anyway, I wanted to keep the first one simple so we made fabric covered mouse pads.  Heather made two of them for Father's Day gifts and Michelle K. wasn't able to make it so I made hers.  She wanted one for work and one for home.  They were a great first project.  Not too hard or expensive. 

 

The next day was Father's Day, Sunday, June 20th. My girls were with Sean because of course but I was still able to head to Nephi and spend the day with my mom and dad.

On June 23rd Sean picked up the girls to go on a 9 day vacation to Washington.  It was a little weird at first to have them gone and have nothing to do.  Then my brain started churning and suddenly I had too many ideas!  Next summer I might actually take off work a few of the days they're gone so I'll have tons of time to get some projects done instead of just a few hours in the evening.  I ended up painting my bedroom, reading a ton, going to movies and working on the new maple and vine blog.

On June 30th I was very sad to say good bye to my friend Heather.  She was in a time-limited position at the Juvenile Court which was not renewed.  I made some brownies for a surprise good-bye luncheon we had (although I don't think it was really much of a surprise).   She and I have become great friends over the past year or so and even though I knew we would continue to do things and see each other I was sad that it wouldn't be as convenient.  Now that it's been a few months I'm proud to say she has an amazing new job at the new Orem Justice Court making more money and with all sorts of cool gadgets.
Photobucket

1 comments

I love the new background...I just downloaded the kit and I'm totally doing one with the same papers! (Not the same as yours, but the same kit. Hope you don't mind!) I'll be posting soon on the other blog, it's on my to-do list for the next couple of days!

October 4, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Post a Comment