Reading Must be Boring!

Just kidding.  I love reading.  In fact, I'm so horribly addicted to reading that this week I seriously neglected all other aspects of cleaning, cooking etc. So much so that I had an epiphany, that even a reading addiction can be a bad thing if other important things (is making dinner really that important?  j/k) are not getting done so I had to put the kibosh on it and have only been reading for about 20-30 minutes before I go to sleep.  Anyway, that's my personal reading.  Right now I am also reading the girls a chapter or two of Harry Potter each night before the girls go to sleep.  We attempted this once before but I think they were a little too young to get some of the humor in it and we only got through the second book.  This time around, Maegan and Brooklen usually end up falling asleep but Jordyn is really enjoying it and laughs and most of the humor and questions parts (which is a lot) that varies from the movie.  It's been a lot of fun.  Anyway, my point of this entire rambling is that tonight after I finished reading, Jordyn was the only one awake and didn't want to go to sleep.  I convinced her to try and read Pollyanna, one of my favorite books from when I was a kid.  She agreed to read one chapter.  After about 20 minutes I went upstairs to ask her how she liked it and this is what I found.....




















When I moved the book I saw she at least did give it a try and made it to page 14.  Either she was actually more tired than she thought or reading really must be boring.  Guess I'll find out when I ask her in the morning!
Photobucket

1 comments

I love that girl...I wish my kids loved reading. Maybe someday still, but right now- I'm lucky to get through 20 minutes with them before bed- and they don't fall asleep, they get restless and annoying!

October 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Post a Comment