Finally, I'm Caught Up!

At this point I think I'm going to scratch the detailed update of the past few months and just do the highlights.

August was spent swimming, going to Lagoon and school starting.  Brooker Boos started preschool and loves it.  Every morning she wakes up and asks if she has school.  Maegan is 3rd grad and has Mrs. McQuivey.  She was scared of her at first but quickly grew to love her.  Jordyn is in 5th grade and has Mrs. Andersen who is a wonderful teacher.  I started a new craft blog.  I've learned a lot about "blogging" and still have lots of plans for it.  I'd like to turn it into a part-time business someday but I'm no huge hurry to do so.  I gave a talk to my Relief Society about how I live "Spiritually Provident".  I wasn't nervous about it until the night of and I literally got 5 words into it and started to cry.  Not just teary but the full on ugly and couldn't stop crying which made other people cry.  It was so embarrassing.  Afterwards I had a lot of people tell me I had a "sweet testimony" which was surprising to hear.  I always think it's interesting that people actually give a darn about my life and what's happened to me.  I think there are others who have had much more horrible marriages than mine.

The blue, never going to come off to prove you paid stamp.
 Silly girls wanted to pretend they were twins so they dressed alike and Brooklen played along.
First day of school for Joranski and Maegers
First day of Preschool for Brooksters

September brought on the routine of school and their new activities.  Brooklen is in dance for the first time.  Jordyn is in dance and theater again.  Maegan is in gymnastics again.  I had Jordyn and Maegan signed up for piano but then their teacher moved and to be honest I haven't been looking too hard to find another one.  I need to, it's just crazy enough as it is.

Brooklen's first day of dance!



October brought our traditional get-together at grandma and grandpas to pick out pumpkins.  The girls look forward to this every year and I must say it's nice to get free pumpkins!  This year we drove to Nephi over the Nebo Loop.  And yes, Brooklen picked her own outfit...thought you'd want to know just in case you want her to be your stylist.









A few days later we made a scarecrow.


What a pain in the behind this was.  I don't like straw getting where straw doesn't belong ;-)  Maegan took a picture....I can't believe there's finally proof that I really do exist!  lol.  I'm always the picture taker, never the picture takee if you know what I mean.





They each took a turn drawing on the face and this was the final product:


Brooklen (ok, so mom) gave a talk on repentance


Halloween was fun.  Brooklen wanted to be a Hershey's Kiss (what?!  yeah, no idea where that came from),

Maegan wanted to be Frankenstein

and Jordyn Medusa. 


 Brooklen's costume didn't turn out anything like I had envisioned but she was happy.  Maegan, after seeing her costume realized that she really wanted to be the Bride of Frankenstein.  Luckily she liked what I made her so she wasn't disappointed at all.  I reused a costume Jordyn had a few years ago and then did a major ponytail hair job and then attached the snakes to them.  Silly Maegan lost the hair and bolts at school (what a surprise) so when it came time to go trick-or-treating she ended up going as a zombie.  We went to Nephi to a few houses around my mom and dad and also through the straw maze the grocery store had set up.  When we got back to the neighborhood they hooked up with a few friends and had lots of fun.  Thank goodness it wasn't too cold this year!



Nothing much happened in November (well, other than Harry Potter 7 coming out which I was at in the middle of the night and I loved it) except Thanksgiving.  We went to my aunt's house in Mapleton.  Thanksgiving is kind of a boring holiday in my opinion.


And there you have it!  You are officially caught up with my incredibly boring but happy life!
Photobucket

2 comments

LOVE the update, especially all the darling photos! I can't believe you make their costumes so great every year. I'm a Halloween grinch, I guess. I just sent you a package today, so it should arrive within the next few days.

December 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Thanks for the update! Your girls are getting so big! Especially Brooklen... Preschool and dance already! I also love your girls Halloween costumes! You are so talented!

December 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Post a Comment