Good News

I had a follow-up appointment today for my PCOS.  Can you believe that I have lost 12 pounds and have not changed a single thing in my life?  Crazy.  All because my body is finally starting to function correctly.

The good news:
*I don't have diabetes
*My liver is perfect
*My kidneys are perfect
*My thyroid is where it should be until the T3 level which is only slightly low so it's only being watched right now.
*I am sometimes a little tired but NOTHING compared to how things used to be that I don't even complain.  I normally go to bed around 11:00 p.m. now and can wake up just fine the next morning and go all day.  I can't even believe it.

The bad news:
*My progesterone is extremely low (.6, whatever that means) so my dr. upped the dosage of my medicine.
*My vitamin D levels were also low (11.5, these #'s make no sense to me) so I have to start taking a supplement.  He said that people with low vitamin D levels are 40% more likely to get breast and colon cancers so it's very important I take this.
*My DHEA levels (which has something to do with testosterone...embarrasing) are way higher than what men's should be so hopefully the upped dosage of my medicine will help control that.
*My "cycle" still isn't normal...wow, I'm being really open here.
*I was also put on an additional med that I can't remember the name of to help with everything listed above.


I go back in 6 weeks for another checkup.  He's hoping that with the changes to my meds and supplements that everything will be where it should be by that time and I will only have to go see him twice a year for check-ups.  He also thinks that I'm going to keep losing weight and have even more energy.  Woooooohooooooo!
Photobucket

6 comments

Thanks for the comment! I didn't know I had any readers out there.. ha ha. Anyways, your girls are absolutely beautiful, like their momma of course. I enjoyed reading your posts, I will have to get on more and catch up with you. I love to read other blogs, but am not so great at keeping up with mine! Ha. Have a great night. Miss your cute smiling self!

May 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Gotta love living with PCOS.

May 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

What doctor is this? I'm TOTALLY going to set up an appointment with him. I'm SERIOUS! Let me know so I can- I can't even stand it anymore. It'll give me an excuse to come down there again too!

May 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM

GREAT NEWS!!:) Glad your feeling better.

May 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Wow, what a difference! I'm so glad it's working! If only you had known this many years ago.

May 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM

That is so awesome Melissa! You deserve to feel well and enjoy life! Hope things continue to improve!

P.S. Missed you at Bunko!

May 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Post a Comment