Easter, 2013

I honestly think this is the best Easter Sunday I've ever had.  The girls had great attitudes for having to be to church by 9:00 a.m. (and we were even early), no fighting, cute dresses, fun baskets, great family get-together, and most importantly, a beautiful Sunday.

The morning started out when I had to wake them up to come find their baskets.  Poor Jordyn has inherited my crazy morning hair.  I couldn't stop laughing. Also note that Jordyn is wearing a wrist brace.  She hurt it falling at school one day and then also falling during a soccer game.


Brooklen received a hula hoop, sunglasses, flip flops, Squirmles and more candy than she knows what to do with!

Maegan received the same as Brooklen.  Apparently two Cookies and Cream bunnies was the most exciting!  The look on her face is awesome!

Jordyn received most of the same items.  Instead of Squirmles she received a Phase 10 dice game.

Here they are, in their new shades!

I gave in and let the kiddos have candy for breakfast because we had to quickly get ready for church.  Photography is not my thing.  I think we all looked much better in person than these pictures reflect.  Especially Jordyn, she received many compliments on how pretty her hair was.




Jordyn sang in the program and had a speaking part.  She did an amazing job.  Honestly, the best presenter out of everyone.  After church we came home and the girls ate more candy.  But not too much as we had lunch/dinner (lunner?  dinch?  not as nice sounding as brunch) at 3:00 p.m.  They just relaxed as I made the green salad and dressing.  We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Scoma's joined by Grandma Madsen, Theo and Terry, Erica and family, Michelle and family, Tim and Mom and Dad.  The girls worked off all their energy at the egg hunt, jumping on the trampoline and playing ping pong.

Brooklen wouldn't take off her dress all day.

Jordyn was too old for the egg hunt but there were so many she ended up with some anyway.




 Toe touches on the trampoline.

I didn't think to take pictures of the ping pong playing.  Maegan challenged me to a game and even though I wasn't really trying, I actually beat her.  I haven't played ping pong for so long I don't even remember the last time I played.  When it was time to leave, she and Sidney had a hard time stopping.  We were home by the early evening and just relaxed the rest of the day!
Photobucket

2 comments

I have the same outfit as you in that picture! Ha! Great minds, eh? You'll have to post the birthdays we've missed too- I'm trying harder not to neglect MY blog- which means I'll be checking yours more often!

April 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Loved getting an update on you and the girls! Lindsey and Brynlie think Jordyn's morning hair is hilarious! We can't wait to see you all this summer!

April 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Post a Comment