It's Sunday

Which means I finally had enough time to finish this post I started earlier in the week.

Monday: I had Bunko at my house with group #1.

Tuesday: I had Management Meeting at work. My sweet boss gave me flowers for my 9 year anniversary at the Juvenile Court. So cute!


Wednesday: Jordyn had a 2 hour rehearsal for her piano recital and my visiting teachers came over.

Thursday: I took a couple hours off work to go watch Maegan's 2nd Grade program. I was a little frustrated because I wasn't able to see Maegan until the very last song. For some reason, rather than have the students up on the stage, they all sat on the stairs and she was in the very first row. I was in the back of the auditorium which meant I didn't get to see her. Finally they stood up to sing the last song and I was able to zoom in and get her face but it wasn't a very good recording job. After the program was over I tried to make it up to the stage before she left but I was a fish swimming up stream so I didn't make it in time. I then walked to her classroom where she was standing in the doorway with her back to me. I said her name and when she turned around she got all teary eyed and said that she thought I wasn't there. After some hugs and explaining what had happened she cheered up. That night I had Bunko with group #2.

Friday: I picked up the girls and we had movie night which hasn't happened for quite a while. We watched The Goonies and Ghostbusters.

Saturday: I went to they gym in the morning and when I came home I kept asking the girls what I was smelling and they kept telling me they didn't know. I was cleaning up downstairs and eventually made my way to my bedroom and when I opened the door I could smell nail polish remover. Then I see the mess they had made. Brooklen had decided to paint her toenails and had gotten nail polish on my leather chair and on the carpet. The older two decided to clean it up with nail polish remover and used half a bottle. I was irritated with Brooklen for this but I was furious they had lied to me. I swear, after talking and talking and talking to them about telling the truth I don't understand why kids lie! Let's just say that they were doing a lot of scrubbing of shelves and organizing closets. I hope they finally learn to just tell the truth. The thing that stinks about punishing kids is that my plans were now revolving around their punishment. We didn't go do anything fun. :-(

Today: We went to church and Maegan had to give a talk. I made her practice a few times before we left but she still was really nervous and messed up a little. But that's okay. She is so cute. It's funny to me that she can be so wild and crazy in some aspects but others she is almost as shy as Brooklen.

My home teachers stopped by for a quick visit and then Maegan had her baptism interview with the bishop. The next couple of weeks are insanely busy so I might not have time to post anything for a while. Until then.....

um signature

0 comments

Post a Comment