Ave Maria

Jordyn's had her piano recital tonight. I thought it was at 6:00 p.m. but no, I was wrong it was at 5:30 p.m. As soon as the clock turned 5 I was rushing out of work and speeding home. I got the girls picked up from day care. Drove home, Jordyn changed into her dress while I did her hair and then back in the car we hurried to Mapleton. We were only about 5 minutes late. Then I found out that all that rushing didn't matter because she was having a dinner before the recital! Dinner was yummy. Skip forward to Jordyn's song. She was playing Ave Maria. This song is two levels above where Jordyn is but her teacher had wanted to challenge her. She did a great job, it was beautiful, until the very last measure when she suddenly drew a blank and didn't know what to do. I had to walk up and put her music on the piano and she started again. This time she made it all the way through and it was again, beautiful. She's not going to take any lessons during the summer but we have lots of music for her to practice. Maegan is really excited to start lessons next year.





um signature

0 comments

Post a Comment