Neat Freak?

I like to keep a clean house (doesn't always work out that way since there is so much going on but I guess that's life). I wouldn't say I'm a 'germ-a-phobe' but I do get grossed out easily by messiness and I do have some weird OCD behaviors (self-diagnosed of course) that drive me crazy if certain things aren't a certain way. Apparently I have passed this lovely gene to my 3 year old daughter Brooklen. She is VERY particular about the cuffs on her pants and sleeves being rolled up the exact same way and will put her legs and/or wrists together and compare them. That's just one example. Another is that EVERY morning when I am driving her to day care she points out any "mess" she sees. A pile of rocks is a mess. A pile of dirt is a mess. Big piles of wood, rocks and dirt? Oh my does that get her excited. So, the reason for this particular post is to show a silly little thing she did the other day. I came into the kitchen to find my favorite hand lotion (I put it on my hands after doing dishes and I am in heaven) covered in plastic wrap. I was a little confused as to why this happened so when I asked her about it she simply said, "To keep the germs off your lotion!" I was very touched she was thinking about me but also feel a little concerned that my little girl is going be a neat freak like me. Guess maybe it will do a little good to not have things perfect around here. Not that they are, believe me they're not, but maybe I shouldn't put such an emphasis on trying to be.



um signature

0 comments

Post a Comment