It's Maegan's Turn!!

Affectionately known as Buddha, Maegers or Paigers, my Maegan turned 8 years old today!

Maegan was due May 2, 2002. On Saturday, April 20 at 6:30 a.m. I rolled over in bed and wouldn't you know it, my water broke. After dropping Jordyn off at Sean's sister's house we headed to the hospital. This time around, labor went perfectly and Maegan was born at exactly 2:30 p.m. She was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 18.5 inches long and perfect in every way.

Maegan was the easiest, sweetest, little baby. She was always smiling and when she was old enough to crawl around I would often find her around the house playing with anything that caught her interest. I should have known when she started walking at 9 months that I was in trouble! This sweet little girl turned into a non-stop, action packed little ball of energy. Everywhere she went people were constantly laughing at all the crazy things she would do. And yes, Maegan is the child that threw a full-on temper tantrum, laying on the floor kicking and screaming in the middle of JC Penney. I will admit that it was a struggle for me to adjust to a child that is so opposite of me. She is still a spit-fire and does the craziest things. But, she is also the sweetest, most sensitive little girl I have ever known. Literally. If anything makes her sad she is instantly sobbing. I can not even express how much I love this little her!

Today Maegan woke up to the birthday banner but we quickly had to head off to work/school for the day. For her treat she took Blow Pops to hand out to the class. After I picked her up from daycare I had to drop her off at gymnastics. Finally, at 7:30 p.m. I picked her up from gymnastics and we headed home to celebrate. Maegan wanted to have her favorite meal, tuna fish sandwiches, and also vanilla pudding and apple juice. Not exactly the combination I would have picked but I obliged since it was her special day. After reading her cards she got in the mail and talking on the phone with her dad and step-mom and Grandpa Ellefsen we were finally able to open presents. I gave her two shirts, a pair of capris, a gift card to Claire's so she can buy some rings and a small fish aquarium that she has been wanting for a while. One of these days we'll head down and find the fish and accessories to put inside and once we have it up and running I'll take a picture for all the world to see.



Here are some pictures taken over the years....

Maegan's 2nd Birthday Party, 2004


Valentine's Day, 2005


Dressing up in 2006


Being silly in 2007


First day of 1st Grade, 2008


Drinking hot chocolate, December 2009



um signature

0 comments

Post a Comment