Jordyn's Big Day!!!

I can't believe it. My Jordyn, aka Jordanski, Midge, Jordie, is 10 years old. My sweet little girl is growing into a sometimes still sweet/sometimes pre-teen drama girl and I love her to pieces.

Jordyn was due on May 7th. However, after an unfortunate trip at the bottom of the stairs by yours truly I went into labor a month early. The doctor tried to stop the labor, but it didn't work. So on April 7th at around 3:00 a.m. I headed to the hospital. I was dilated to a 5 when I got my epidural and wouldn't you know that's when my labor finally decided to go on hiatus. My doctor wouldn't send me home but they wouldn't induce labor either. So I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited and waited and......you get the idea. Finally around 10:00 p.m. I got a new nurse. She said, "This is ridiculous" and went to talk to the doctor. Around 11:00 p.m. they finally decided to start the Pitocen and eventually Jordyn made her way into the world on April 8, 2000 at 3:07 a.m. She was a tiny 5 lbs. 7 oz. and 18 inches long. Thankfully her lungs were strong and she was healthy. She was a little jaundiced and I had to take her to the hospital every day to get her tiny little foot pricked but eventually her levels went down and we were all in the clear.

Because she was a month early I wasn't completely prepared for her arrival. The day before I tripped I had purchased a large basket to place her toys in. She ended up sleeping in this basket with a quilt in the bottom of it for the first couple of days until I finally found a crib I liked and put it together.

Jordyn was such a teeny little thing. She was so small that when she was swaddled I could hold her with one arm. I'd hold her head in my hand and her body would fit right on my arm. No one had known that I'd gone into labor early and a couple days after her birth I went for a walk holding her this way. Some neighbors stopped to talk to me and when they realized I was carrying a baby they were surprised and said they thought I had been carrying a loaf of bread. I tease her about that all the time because she is still a teeny little thing for her age but I can't hold her with one arm anymore!

We celebrated her birthday a couple of different ways. She wanted sausage pizza for her birthday dinner. The only problem was that she was going to be at Sean's house. Instead Jennifer invited us over to her house for a little get together. I brought the pizza and breadsticks and she made a salad and a cake. The girls were able to play and then we ate dinner. Unfortunately my batteries died in my camera so I don't have the greatest pictures. She also wanted to go to breakfast. I woke the girls up early and we headed to IHOP. The annual birthday banner was hanging up and I took the birthday plate with us for her to eat her breakfast on. I gave Jordyn an iDog, the movie Aquamarine, a new shirt and two pairs of skinny jeans which she has been asking for for months. Afterwards I took the girls to Sean's house so they could finish their spring break at his house. I'm sad I wasn't able to spend the whole day with her but I know she'll have a great day there too.



Here are some pictures taken over the years. I realized after I started this post that I don't have any pictures up through 2003 in digital format. I'll have to get them scanned so I can post them.

The last day of preschool, 2004.


Valentine's Day, 2005


1st day of 1st Grade, 2006


Being a silly girl, 2007


At the 4th of July parade in Provo, 2008


Jordyn's little Turkey, November, 2009


um signature

0 comments

Post a Comment