Our Wonderful Easter!

Today was such a wonderful day, snow and all, and for once everything went off without a hitch. Earlier in the week Sean asked if the girls could stay at his house for Easter morning. The girls are rarely there on Sundays so of course I let them stay. He and I agree that it's not good to out-do one another when it comes to holidays so the Easter Bunny was going to visit them at his house and not at mine. At first I was a little sad because this would be the first Easter morning that I wouldn't be there to watch them find their baskets and I had already purchased their gifts. I decided I wouldn't let them all go to waste and I would have my own little egg hunt inside the house. So I got their baskets and eggs ready and hid them for when I picked the girls up. I finished putting together the jello/fruit salad and then got ready for the day while I listened to the morning session of conference. Wow! There are a lot of incredible messages today. I am absolutely amazed by Elder Uchtdorf. At noon I picked up the girls from Sean and came home. They had a lot of fun finding the eggs and baskets. I tried to hide some of them in easier locations for Brooklen and some harder spots for Jordyn and Maegan. Jordyn had a hard time finding an egg hidden on a candle stick and I finally had to play the hot/cold game with Maegan to find the egg hidden behind the wheel of the popcorn machine. In their baskets I gave each girl a giant pencil, bubbles, a chocolate bunny, a "Peeps" flavored chapstick, a snow globe, giant bubble gum eggs and a new shirt. After they found their gifts they played a little and then it was time to get ready to go to my Aunt Jennifer's house for dinner with my mom's family. I have always enjoyed family get togethers. I have such a cute family. My Aunt Theo put together another egg hunt for the kids. Also, my cousin Joey (we've called him this since he was a kid but I think he really goes by Joseph now) does some acting and is a film major at BYU. A while ago he was in a funny Altoids commercial and now he is in a short church video (Mormon Messages) titled, "Becoming Provident Providers". I didn't watch it until I got home but it's a great message. I think I'm doing okay in some aspects but I've never really thought about purchasing items in terms of whether they have eternal value and significance. What a great questions. I am going to start asking that from now on. Well, by the time we got home it was around 6:00 so I worked some more on my June cards while the girls watched some TV and then they headed to bed! Hope everyone had as great of an Easter as I did!





um signature

2 comments

What a fun day! I can't believe it's still snowing out there, though, because it's been so warm here.

April 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM

As fun as it is to have the kids home easter morning, I bet it was so peaceful for you to be able to actually watch and take in all of conference. I had to DVR it cause I couldn't hear any of it! I'm glad you had such a great day...can't wait till this weekend- your house looks darling!

April 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Post a Comment